Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New Year!

My aim was to write this yesterday but I didn't manage it so it's almost a belated New Years wish!

I wanted this blog to be a way of looking back over 2011 and looking forward to 2012. But as I was thinking about 2011, all I could think about was how awful it had been! I spent a significant amount of time in bed, I end up paralysed, spent the summer in hospital, had to learn how to walk again, my relationship ended... I kind of had the 'woe is me' mentality going on, but the more I thought about it, the more positive things God brought to my mind, things that wouldn't have happened and lessons I wouldn't have learnt if I had been healthy.

So here are all the positives about 2011: I learnt how to walk again (yes I know I wouldn't have needed to do that if I hadn't lost the ability in the first place but it was still a big achievement!)
I had a fantastic birthday surround by my lovely friends!
I learnt to rely more on God and less on myself and I hope it's something I will learn more about going into 2012
God gave me a reason to smile everyday, no matter what else was going on
I had so much support from my amazing friends, and I made new ones too :)
My parents came back from India and I moved back home with them
I started recovering from M.E and can do a lot more now than I could earlier in the year!
I went to two lovely weddings of some amazing friends!

Ok so that wasn't all the positives, but it would take me a long time to list them all!

2011 was a roller coaster, and there were many challenging times, but through it all I discovered more of how faithful my God is, I learnt more about Him and experienced Him more and for that alone it was worth it!
So here is to 2012, a year that is hopefully filled with good health but most importantly more of God. My New Years resolution is to let God take control as I know it always works out better that way! :)

I'll leave you with a quote I saw on a friend's facebook status. "The New Year doesn't just bring around another year of life, but another day to follow in Jesus' footsteps and bask in God's love."


Happy New Year xx

No comments:

Post a Comment