Sunday 19 February 2012

Great News!

Ok so I don't normally do blogs that just focus on what's going on in my life but this was too exciting to keep to myself!

As you will already know if you read my blog, I have M.E and have done for just over 2 years. As a result of that the past two years have been really tough. I had to give up doing my nursing degree in November 2010 because I just wasn't well enough to cope with it, which was a really horrible decision at the time. Anyway the title of this post is Great News so I won't bore you with the whole sad story! :)

So here it is... the great news... On Wednesday I went for a meeting with Occupational Health to see if I could be cleared to go back to university part time to try and complete my nursing degree and they said YES! So I'm now allowed to go back to uni two days a week (pending them finding a suitable placement for me)! I've had to fight pretty hard to get to this point, both against my illness and with uni to get the help I need to be able to manage but it will all be totally worth it if I manage to finish my degree and qualify as a nurse! It's going to be a long two years and I hope I manage it but it's definitely a big step in the right direction! So in three weeks I will once again be a student nurse! :D
I just have to completely give God all the credit because without Him I wouldn't be where I am now! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with getting back to Uni - I went to Uni with ME but was really lucky to have a very supportive uni x

    ReplyDelete